Sundays . . . .4:30-6pm is our regular meeting time.
Attendance Form - Please fill out so we know you were here!!!
Membership List - Please fill out the Membership Form. Even if you've done this before!!
Public Forum Debate – 2018 September/October Topic Area: U.S Foreign Policy
Resolved: The United States should accede to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea without reservations.
With Partner/in a small group:
• What is this topic actually asking????
• What is the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea????? - Look this up!
• Check out Champion Briefs for help and ideas! But remember, everyone else uses their ideas as well.
• Review Champion Brief videos for past topics. Do at least 1 other to get an idea how to approach topics.
• Pro/con of agreeing with the UNC Law of the Sea
• Put articles in Pioneer Debate Sept/Oct 2018 resources Form.
• Access the Spreadsheet HERE to have access to all the Team's resources!!
• Choose a section of the UNLCLOS to read - From Raeden. Full document HERE!
Write your case - opening Argument - like a 5 paragraph essay
• Intro: Hook, Bridge, Thesis (pro/con)
• Body 1 - Topic sentence, evidence, analysis, analysis, evidence, analysis, analysis
• Body 2 - Topic sentence, evidence, analysis, analysis, evidence, analysis, analysis
• Body 3 - Topic sentence, evidence, analysis, analysis, evidence, analysis, analysis
• Conclusion - Sum up? Zinger last line! Leave them with an impression!
Pioneer Debate Rules and Code of Ethics