• Pass out Field Trip Permission Forms - Field trip to UofM Museum of Art - December 13th
• Share My Education Stories as you are comfortable
• Current Events from last Friday
• Pick up Between Shades of Gray (BSG) from book depository and 4x6 Unit Reading Schedule
Homework: Read BSG Chapters 1-4 for Wednesday.
• Simulation Game - If you only had 10 seconds . . .
• Discuss Between Shades of Gray chapters 1-4
• BSG character chart - You can use this chart on all quizzes! Let's do Lena as a class for an example.
• BSG Flashback Chart - Do this for Friday!
• Reading quiz chapters 1-4
• Book Group Discussion Day 2B - Bring book, evidence of close reading and 5 quotations to discuss.
• Discuss Flashback Chart
• Symbol Chart - Use these pages to help track the mention of Artwork, the Crystal Rock and the man that winds his watch.
• Current Events Around the World:
Finish section I (that's through chapter 30) in BSG for Tuesday!
******* Stop Here******* Below is from last year********
Monday - Packard is not in school today! It's ok to bring in cans for the food drive, but make sure the substitute writes down how many cans you are donating before putting them in the big box! Don't just leave cans on the floor, please.
• Read: Justice - What's the right thing to do? The Runaway Trolley" and "The Afghan Goatherds"
• Read article about Captain Florent Groberg. What similarities are there between the two texts?
• Watch the video of Capt. Groberg sharing his personal story! It's only 2 minutes.
• Be ready for Discussion Day #2 on Tuesday. Bring book. 15-20 annotations, quote sheet and be ready to discuss your book for 20 -30 minutes!
• Book Group Discussion Day #2.
• Discuss Book, Research author - Complete questions as a group in Field Notebook.
• Discuss Flashbacks & Characters
• Watch video from global museum on communism – 7 min
• Read Between Shades of Gray – Thieves and Prostitutes chapters 13- 19
• Watch video about the trains/Gulag
• Discuss Between Shades of Gray chapters 13-19
• Read Between Shades of Gray – Thieves and Prostitutes chapters 20-28
• Section 1 Thieves and Prostitutes Reading Quiz – Multiple Choice
• Go over answers to the quiz and discuss
• Read Between Shades of Gray – chapters 29-35
• Discuss Between Shades of Gray 29-35
• Be ready for Book Group Discussion Day #3 - Bring book, annotations (20 is enough), quote sheet and be ready to discuss your book for at least 20 minutes!
• Read Between Shades of Gray – chapters 36-42 for Tuesday!